I fucking hate being called pet names so fucking don't okay? Your shit will go in the trash if you do it. Please and god damn thank you.
- Try opening it up by, if the story is “tropish” introducing the trope and explaining it. It may sound dumb right now, but I promise it makes sense. If you want examples, I can provide.
- Try working backwards. In literature there’s a term called ‘in media res’ which translates to ‘in the midst of things’. This is when a book/movie starts off at the height of the tension, and then works its way backwards and then forward. So start in the middle of things, to really bring in your reader, and then find ways to explain other things as you write. Start in a significant moment for your character.
- If you can format the bio differently than most, do so. One time, I formatted the bio as a series of headers pertaining to tarot cards, with the characters mother going in for a card reading before her child was born. If the character is famous, why not try headlines - like the first thing that put them on the map?
- Explain the parents backstory, instead of starting off exactly when they are born. This isn’t exactly different than what you want, but it’s different and it could be a lot of fun to explore the parents too if the parents have a particularly interesting past (one of my characters is the son of a cult leader - I had to explain his father before I introduced the son)
- Skip right to the birth. Skip to when the parents are holding them, give a throw away line about the parents, and instead just introduce the baby.
I hope these help! If I can think of some more, I’ll add some in later.
requested by hermionegrangeres
how to make something like this:
click here for full view.
EVANSYHELP PSD #009 → [DOWNLOAD]
● inspired by this ask, a simple poc-friendly psd. (view more here).
● works best on event and photoshoot images.
● comes with an optional black & white layer.
● please like and/or reblog if you download.
● do not repost or claim as your own.
XXXVI - Creep (Minimal Blogging #2)
As I mentioned before, I’ve been trying to do something different by working on some minimal style themes. I’ve got five of them already coded so I’m turning it into a series. I tried to keep all the normal customize options but colours are more limited. Please tell me what you think - too simple, too much going on, too complex?
Please save and refresh the customize page before making any customizations/change. Feel free to customize however much you want, the more the better, but leave credits intact. It would also be great if you could ‘like’ this post if using the theme. Please use Disqus to report any problems or errors (not customization questions) as you can comment as a guest.
- Simple header with optional image backgroud.
- Various widgets for text, links and other updates.
- Allows up to 28 custom links. Page links disabled.
- Sidebar with either fixed or scrolling options.
- Limited colour choices.
- Choose between 400px or 500px posts. Make sure only one is toggled or the layout will look messed up.
- All post types supported.
considering a guide on my 12 year obsession with microexpressions. (including classes and seminars.)
of course, i won’t be writing this until i hit my next hundo-fitty
Bass Lake, CA
Hogwarts Castle, Scotland.
The year is 2014, and while it is nearly two decades after the fall of the Dark Lord, no one is ready to forget. His scars remain throughout Europe, in broken families and tarnished names. Amongst the rubble, Hogwarts has remained a safe-house and outlet for magical children of all kinds. There is no more war. There are no sides to choose and alliances to make.
Finally, it is a quiet year.
The Quiet Year is a primarily original character roleplay with very little plot structure and a focus on character creation and development.
HOME ☆ PLOT ☆ RULES ☆ CHARACTERS ☆ TAKEN FACECLAIMS ☆ APPLICATION
WELCOME TO SUMMERBAY COVE...
Located just outside Monterey Bay California is a small fishing town by the sea side. Something dark and mysterious has been lurking the waters of the cove for some time now, and the increase of shark attacks and drownings in the town newspaper is starting to become alarming. The accidents have started drawing new people to the town as well as bringing some people back. The question on everyone’s mind is simple, what’s in the water of Summerbay Cove?
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
PLOT ---- GUIDELINES ---- ROLES ---- NAVIGATION ---- APPLY